Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Putting on the Glitz - Glamour Vanity

This is one of those pieces that people kept telling me not to paint. It was one that even I thought - "I can't paint this.


It has great variations in the wood and was just so pretty.
Alas, she had some problems with the veneer and some pretty deep scratches that just couldn't be rubbed out.
So I decided that she would have to be painted. I wanted to do something really special for this girl though. She looked like a movie star to me - so....I decided to put on the glitz.

I started with a couple of coats of  Young Kansas Wheat. I love this color because it is a neutral without being white. I also love that I can paint indoors without any VOC's or nasty smells - cuz, baby it's cold outside.
I loved this color but knew she needed a little bit more somethun, somethun. I added some metallic paint in a soft silver to the bottom drawer and jewelry box. This is a great paint by Modern Masters that I just painted on right over the CeCe Caldwell Paint. It gives a great sheen. I wanted to give her the glamorous old movie star look...so I added some mild distressing. 

After she dried a bit, I added a couple of classy stencils to the doors and some clear then dark wax - again, I used dry pigments to tint my clear wax. 

I love the CeCe Wax....again, no harsh odor and it spreads on like soft butter. 
The dark wax looks great in all of the great carved details of this pretty girl.


I love the inset mirror and am crazy about the huge mirror - which is full length. She also has a great little bench that goes along with her.


Now just to add some blingy hardware and she is all ready for her closeup.

We are official retailers for CeCe Caldwells Clay and Chalk paints. You can purchase paints, waxes, pigments and the buffing tool HERE.  We are happy to ship nationwide.

Want us to custom paint your piece? Contact us @ orphaneddecor@yahoo.com
This piece is available in store now.

We also offer classes so that you can finish your piece yourself. Class schedule HERE.





2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I see your in Spokane, where at? I'm in Idaho & have a space at Paris Flea Market in Cd'A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!!! I love Paris Flea. Our CeCe Caldwell Paints are going to be available there very soon!!!! You will HAVE to try them. Thanks so much for your compliment!! I have at 2030 N. Hamilton. Just take the Hamilton exit and go about a mile and we are on the right side. Super easy to find. We would lvoe to see you. We are having a Holiday Open House this Saturday - Dec. 8th from 10-6. We are having lots of great sales, special vendors, treats and drinks and some surprises....come if you can!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a comment!!